Our Admission Staff
Talia Busby Titus
Director of Admission and Financial Aid
Assistant Director of Admission
Assistant Director of Admission
Admission Office Manager
Click here for full contact details
Cost & Financial Aid
To help families with the cost of education, The Bryn Mawr School offers a variety of payment plans and a need-based financial aid program.
- Admission Office
Bryn Mawr is committed to making a Bryn Mawr education available to applicants who strongly desire and are prepared to undertake a challenging educational program regardless of the family's ability to pay. Bryn Mawr's financial aid program has grown steadily over the years, largely because of the generosity of individual donors, foundations and corporations.
Grants are awarded after careful review of each family's financial aid application and upon the recommendations made by School and Student Services for Financial Aid on the Report of Family Contribution. Families may order a Report of Family Contribution from School and Student Services for Financial Aid but there is an additional fee associated with it.
Grants of financial aid vary in size and are based on each family's unique situation. The average grant is approximately half the yearly tuition. Every family, regardless of need, is asked to pay a portion of the tuition costs.
Divorced Parents Policy
Both parents must fill out a Parents' Financial Statement. The Financial Aid Committee will consider the assets of both parents, natural and/or adoptive, if living, before making any award. If the custodial parent has remarried, the committee will consider the assets of the stepparent, while keeping in mind the stepparent's obligations to his or her own children.
Monthly Payment Plans
Two interest-free monthly payment plan options are available - FACTS Tuition Management and Tuition Management Systems (TMS). To review these plans visit the Payment Plan Option page. For questions concerning FACTS, please contact Elizabeth Hehir in the Business Office. For questions concerning TMS, please contact them directly at 1-800-722-4867.
Additional Fee for the Extended Day Program
This is a nine-month, after-school program for students in the Lower School. The weekly costs will vary depending on the number of hours your child is in the program.
Students are billed for incidental fees in August. Lower School students pay $130 and Middle and Upper School students pay $175. Lower School students are billed $185 for books and supplies in July. Middle and Upper School books range from approximately $300 to $600 and are purchased online. All families are charged a $55 Parents' Association fee.
Tuition is payable in advance. The Enrollment Fee is credited to tuition. 65% of the tuition is due on August 1st, with the remaining 35% due on December 1st. Fees for Extended Day and other charges are billed on a monthly basis and are due upon receipt.
A late charge of 1.5% per month is due for all bills remaining unpaid for more than 30 days after the billing date.
Tuition Refund Plan
Parents should consider taking advantage of the Tuition Refund Plan option noted on the enrollment contract. This plan protects tuition fees in the event of a student's withdrawal from school. A brochure outlining the details of this plan is mailed with the enrollment agreement.
Applying for Financial Aid
To apply for financial aid for the 2013-2014 school year, please follow the procedures below:
- Each family must submit their Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) to School and Student Service (SSS) by January 4, 2013. Only one PFS is needed for each family even if there are several children applying to different schools. You are encouraged to complete the PFS online as the interface is user-friendly offering on-screen help, clear step-by-step instructions, and, most importantly, the ability to track the receipt of important documents. Families applying for financial aid for the first time must also submit their 1040 tax form(s) for 2011 SSS.
- Go to www.sss.nais.org
- Click on the prompt to begin your Parents' Financial Statement (PFS)
- Select and record a secure username and password
- Complete all items for the PFS entering zeros where appropriate
Enter amounts paid in 2012 and estimates for 2013
- Pay processing fee ($35)
- Print a copy of the completed PFS for your records
- Follow the directions for submitting income and tax information to SSS
1. Complete and submit the Supplementary Financial Aid Form to the Bryn Mawr Admission and Financial Aid Office by January 4, 2013 indicating the date your PFS and supporting documents were submitted to SSS.
2. When available, but no later than February 1, 2013, submit your 2012 W2 form(s) to SSS.
3. Bryn Mawr's financial aid decisions are made independently from admission decisions.
Families are notified of financial aid grants by February 15, 2013.
4. The signed financial aid contract, enrollment agreement, and tuition deposit are due to Bryn Mawr by March 8, 2013.
5. When available, but no later than April 18, 2013 submit your 2012 1040 tax form(s) with supporting schedules to SSS. If you are self-employed, include a Schedule C. If you are requesting an extension, send a letter by the April deadline along with the 4868 form and expiration date.
6. In accordance with our policy concerning parents, guardians, and stepparents please provide the Bryn Mawr Admission and Financial Aid Office with complete income information by submitting the financial information on one PFS or by submitting individual PFS forms for each parent, guardian, and stepparent.
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION CHECKLIST:
- Complete Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) and submit to School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS)
- Complete Bryn Mawr's Supplementary Financial Aid Form and submit to the Bryn Mawr Admission and Financial Aid Office
- Submit 2011 1040 tax form(s) (only required for families applying for the first time)
- Submit 2012 W2 form(s)
- Provide Bryn Mawr with the signed Financial Aid Contract, Enrollment Agreement, and tuition deposit
- Submit 2012 1040 tax form(s)
It is imperative for families to adhere to the Financial Aid application deadlines. Requests for financial aid submitted after January 4 may not be included in the initial allocation of financial aid. As a result, funds may not be available to families who qualify if the application is submitted after the deadline.
K-12 Tuition Rates 2012-2013
Annual Enrollment Fee - $2,200 (non refundable & credited toward tuition)