Teacher Workshop: Independent School Teaching in the Twenty-First Century
This summer, The Bryn Mawr School will once again be offering an exciting professional development program entitled “Introduction to Independent School Teaching in the Twenty-First Century.”
The purpose of this program is to provide an overview of key elements of independent school teaching for teachers with zero to five years of independent school teaching, and provide formal training that will complement teachers' content knowledge and prepare them to enter the classroom. The program will cover key topics in independent school teaching, beginning with an overview of the most significant challenges facing independent schools in the twenty-first century and the characteristics of successful independent school teaching in an increasingly global, economically competitive, and technologically-rich environment.
Dates and Location
The course will be offered in two separate installments to allow maximum flexibility for participants. The first session will be an online course and the second will be a face-to-face course held at Bryn Mawr. Teachers may sign up for either course.
- Online Course (July 7-18)
- Residential Course (July 21-25)
- The Bryn Mawr School U.S. History Summer Institute has contracted with the Radisson at Cross Keys to provide rooms at the rate of $129.00 per night. The hotel is conveniently located off of I-83 and is only 10 minutes from the workshop location in Mt. Washington.
- You can visit the hotel website at http://www.radisson.com/baltimore-hotel-md-21210/mdbaltim/hotel
- Hotel Address:
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, Baltimore
5100 Falls Road
Baltimore, MD 21210
- Hotel Phone Number: (410) 532-6900
- Please reserve early as the hotel fills up quickly!